Hi Guys! I know some of you are not the best cooks around. This is why I have created this blog post to share a very simple way of making a healthy salad, or Tabouli.
For those of you who do not know what is Tabouli, it is a Mediterranean finely chopped salad with burgul. It is usually served as an appetizer along with Humus, baba ghanouj, mutabal and Fatoush. It is very light on your stomach and fulfilling.
Ingredients: ( For 1 person)
– 1 bunch of parsley ( Finely chopped)
– 1 bunch of mint ( Finely Chopped)
– half a red onion ( finely chopped)
– 1 Tomato ( finely chopped)
– half cup of burgul wheat ( it kind of looks like Couscous)
– 1 lemon ( squeezed)
– 1/2 tea spoon of salt
– 1 tea spoon of olive oil
– Soak burgul wheat for 20- 25 mins in warm water.
– mix all the finely chopped vegetables
– Drain the burgul from all the water and add it to the mixed vegetables
– Finally add the squeezed lemon, salt and olive oil
– mix all together